2012-12-28

Chip's Adventure (Chiventures)


この会話は先生と中学性の3年生の英会話です。

Aさんが生徒、Bさんが先生


A:What day is it today?
B:Today is the first day of the rest of your life.

A:I'm sorry. I meant to ask, "What is the date today?"
B: Oh, I see. Today is Friday, December 28th -- only three more days left in this year!

A:Got it. Thanks. So, how was your day today.
B: It got off to a great start. I took my dog, Dale, running with me this morning. I think we covered about four and a half kilometers within about 30 minutes. Our pace was a bit slow, but it's better than nothing.

A:Isn't your real name also Dale?
B: Yes, it is. But, I don't use that name with most Japanese. So, I gave her my name. She's very lucky!

A:What a touching story! It must be fun to have a "real" Chip and Dale running around the neighborhood.
B:That's right!

A:Well, it's time to head back. Hope you have a nice day, a nice weekend, and a very happy New Year's holiday.
B: Thanks! You, too!

1 comment:

  1. All your posts are entertaining and beautiful. Your writing attracts the readers and the little taste of humor added, makes the readers smile. Bring some more posts like this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete