2012-12-26

Christmas and New Year's Holidays


この会話は先生と専門学校の2年生の英会話です。

Aさんが先生、Bさんが生徒


A: How are you today?
B: I’m fine. > I’m doing pretty good.

A: How was your Christmas?
B: It was good. > It was pretty nice.

A: What did you get for Christmas this year?
B: I got a DVD box set [a DVD boxed set] from my mom.

A: What TV series or movie series was it?
B: It was a boxed set of the American TV series called “Bones.”

A: Did you get anything for your mom or dad?
B: No, I didn’t. But, I usually give my mom or dad something for their birthdays.

A: What are your plans for the New Year’s holidays?
B: I haven’t made any plans yet.

Notes:

1. 「pretty」は「可愛い」と言う意味ではなくて、「綺麗な」又「かなり」と言う意味です。
2a. 「get something for when」は「何かを貰う」の意味です。
2b. 「get something for someone」は「何かをあげる」の意味です。

No comments:

Post a Comment