2007-09-14

Notes from the IK Class

Discussion:
  • Which vs What
    • Use "which" when there are a limited number of items to choose from. Use "what" when there are a limitless or many number of items to choose from.
  • Test your understanding at a British website Created by Eduard Roose
    • Which or What?
      • which: 選択肢が限られている場合。 2冊、3冊の中で好きな本の場合:Which book do you like?
      • what: 選択の範囲がひろい場合。 どれでも好きな本の場合: What book do you like?
  • Examples:
    • What is your favorite drink? I like melon soda the most./Melon soda is my favorite drink.
    • Which do you prefer, melon soda or Pepsi? I prefer melon soda.
    • (Looking at a picture of a large family...) Which one are you? I am the handsome-looking one on the right.
Questions:
  • If I click on the link, can I see the information on your blog?
More Vocabulary:
  • oars (櫂): an oar is used on both sides of a rowboat.
  • skeleton (骸骨): Indiana Jones found a skeleton in the cave.
  • karaoke parlor: カラオケボックスの入っている建物。
Phrases: 不十分、足りない
  • I don't get enough sleep.
  • I don't get enough rest.
  • I don't get enough practice. [piano, soccer, speaking foreign languages, etc.]
  • I don't get enough calcium.
  • I don't get enough iron.
  • I don't get enough exercise.
  • I don't get enough time with my family.
  • I don't get enough fruit and green vegetables in my diet.
  • My sister got a speeding ticket.
  • My sister got a parking ticket.
  • My sister got a traffic moving violation.

Info:



References:



No comments:

Post a Comment