2007-09-03

Phrases and Vocabulary from the KM Class

Greetings:

A: How are you doing this evening? (今晩は、どうですか?{元気ですか?})
B: I feel fine, thank you. And you?
A: I'm doing pretty good. (とてもいいです。)
B: That's good. / That's nice.

A: How are you doing this evening? (今晩は、どうですか?{元気ですか?})
B: It's a very comfortable evening. (It's not too hot nor is it too cold) And you? // What do you think?
A: This weather is just right. (この天気はちょうどいい。)
B: I think so, too.
  • comfortable: 心地良い・気持ちがよい。暑くもなく、寒くもなく
Phrases and Vocabulary:

  • ついさっき: just a little while ago; just a few minutes ago; just a few seconds ago; a couple of minutes ago; just now; I just [did ~] now.
    • I just called you a few seconds ago.
    • I just called you a few minutes ago.
    • Just now, I was thinking about calling you.
    • I told my boss just now. (ついさっき、上司に報告しました。)
      • I reported to my boss just now (注意: report to は誰かにに出頭する事)
      • In English, "report to somebody" is often used as in:
        • He reported to the police.
        • The soldier reported to the base to go fight in the war.
        • I had to report to my boss's office because I was late.
    • I told my bost just a few seconds ago.
-----
  • yam: ヤムイモ、山芋
  • grate: おろし[すりつぶした]
  • grated yam: とろろ
  • ねばねばする: ~ has a jelly-like texture; ~ is kind of sticky and wet; ~ has spiderweb-like strings
  • the line is busy 電話が話中
-----
  • I am planning my vacation schedule for the next two weeks.
  • I am making plans for my vacation for the next two weeks.
  • I am thinking about where I should go during my vacation for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment