2007-10-05

California Stops

Notes from the IK Class:
  • complete stop: 一時停止
I didn't come to a complete stop. 私は一時停止しませんでした。
"She made a California stop." 彼女は一時停止しなかった。

A: Does this picture remind you of anything?
B: No, it doesn't.

A: Does this picture remind you of anything?
B: Yes, it does. It reminds me of Japanese preschool children riding in wagons.
  • かき氷: snow cone
  • meet by accident; run across; run into; come across: ふとした出会う; ばったり会う; 偶然~に出会う
I met Sarah at the station by accident.
I ran across Sarah at the station.
I ran into Sarah at the station.
I came across Sarah at the station.
  • training DVD: トレーニングのDVD
  • best suited for: 適した、~に最適の
  • healthier: もっと健康に
The Billy Blanks training DVDs are best suited for healthier people.



References:

1. CD-The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language
2. 英辞郎第三版
3. CD-ビジネス技術 実用英語大辞典

No comments:

Post a Comment